Cruelty free shopping made simple
We are a family run business with the aim of making online shopping and gift giving easier for vegans, or those who are simply trying to be more environmentally conscious.
We feel that it should be easy to shop for high quality vegan food snacks, drinks or household products, with confidence that everything is both animal free and sustainable.
Everything you’ll find on Little Green Basket is made in the UK, because the carbon cost of shipping is often ignored when it comes to environmentally friendly products.
We’re very proud of what Little Green Basket has become, and even more proud of our growing family of customers and supporters.
It is wonderful to be working with so many of the amazing British brands our little island has to offer! We hope you enjoy our little store too.
Thank you for visiting and for your support.
Nicole and Dan
It all began when Nicole, our founder, realised how often she would find that supposed eco-friendly products had actually been shipped halfway across the globe.
Many brands badge themselves as Made in GB when all they do is repackage products that have already travelled thousands of miles.
Is it possible for a kitchen soap bar to be eco-friendly when it's made in China?
You shouldn’t need a degree in research to find out where something has been made, which is why we’ve done the hard work so you don’t have to.
Many raw materials like cacao are still not growable in the UK, and perhaps never will be, so we understand that raw material production is a global effort. Bulk transport of plant-based crops however, is far less damaging to the environment, than shipping finished products thousands of miles - let alone meat and dairy..
A mission was born to create an online store where all the products are compatible with ethical and environmentally conscious lifestyles, and where there is no doubt that all the products are 100% vegan, 100% cruelty free and 100% made in the UK.
We are also focussed on bringing you high quality products from smaller independent brands that share our outlook on the environment. In addition to being vegan, you’ll find that the majority of our products are also plastic free, or made with fewer chemicals and more natural ingredients compared to those in the supermarket.
Eco packaging materials
The best vegan products - packaged with love in eco friendly materials.
Our packaging at a glance:
- Everything is either reusable, recyclable or biodegradable
- Our shredded paper is made in the UK at a carbon neutral facility
- Our tissue paper is FSC-certified, recycled, and is fully home-compostable after use
- Our boxes are non-glued, which avoids any unnecessary use of chemicals
- Every box is sealed with 100% recyclable and compostable FSC-certified stickers that use soy-based inks
- Our paper wrap comes from sustainable forestry sources
- Our tape uses water activated gum instead of animal based glues to seal our boxes - it can also be recycled with cardboard and is biodegradable
- Any inks and glues used in our packaging are vegan and non-toxic
- For our special gift wrap we use sustainable natural jute craft twine, which is handmade in the UK by James Lever of Bolton
- Even our business cards use FSC-certified paper, no animal glues or chlorine, and only vegetable based printing inks